About 2 weeks ago we announced that we would be releasing a new server, the Beta Server, but due to us, the owners, having a busier schedule than we first expected. Over the course of the last week we have been working hard on a lot of different things as you might have noticed. As the title says we're afraid we'll need to postpone the release of the beta server further due to the sort of features we've been working on. Below you'll find a summary of what we've been working on and what is to come.
Over the course of the last weeks we have done a major website and Donation Store rework. The website is now more secure and has a few new fun features added like the ability to add friends. The Donation Store changed even more; We have a new design, we changed the currency to "Euro" and added support for card payments. And last but not least, this is something rather new that you might have seen us work on, but we have added Bedrock support to our whole network.
- What does the addition of Bedrock Support mean?
This means that players that play Minecraft on their phone or on a playstation or any other platform that Bedrock Edition is used on, will be able to play with people who use the Java Edition. There will be no significant difference for players who use Java Edition. This will allow us to expand our playerbase outside of the Java community and ultimately liven things up even more.
- Why does the release of the Beta server need to be delayed?
Adding Bedrock Support will undoubtedly bring up some issues mainly in regards of how menus look for players that use Bedrock Edition to access NRG. In order to fix any issues that may arise we would need to invest the little free time we have in fixing these issues. In combination with fixing any issues that may arise we would like to do updates for each and every server and we have our admins to count on for those. Below follows a short list of what updates will follow:
- Skyblock: Skyblock will get a big revamp and will be updated to 1.16.x. Work on that will be starting on the same day as this announcement is made.
- Creative: The Creative server has probably been the longest running server without resets we currently have. But the time has come for us to give creative a BIG overhaul in order to fix some major bugs and change up the creative experience for the better.
- Minigames: It has been a while since we last added a new event and we have heard your requests on adding something new. We'll give away one hint; It'll be a PvP based event.
- Retronix: This is our most popular server and already has a plethora of interesting features, but they're starting to get a bit old. Therefore, we've decided to revamp some of them to freshen things up.
- How can we distinguish Bedrock Edition players from Java Edition players?
All Bedrock players will have the characters "B_" preceding their username. This will enable staff and all other players to distinguish who is playing on what platform in order to be able to best react/help them out if they would have any questions.
- How will Bedrock players be able to connect to NRG?
First off you should make sure you have Minecraft from the Microsoft Store installed. Once that is in order, you can launch the game and navigate to the "servers" tab and scroll down to the bottom and click on "Add Server" Players who connect to NRG using Bedrock will be able to connect through our basic server IP. Below a screenshot of the server details you would need to fill in, in order to connect to the server.
I would like to also briefly clarify why we, the owners, haven't been able to spend as much time on the server as we would like to. We are currently very busy with moving and preparing our appartment to furnish it. Considering one of us is moving to a different country there is a lot we need to take in account and plan very closley. The current Covid-19 situation only makes things more difficult. We hope you can understand and bear with us. We should be settled in by the end of August and able to spend more time on NRG.
We are very excited to welcome Bedrock players to our comunity. We'll be releasing more announcements as we complete/apply the updates mentioned above, so stay posted for those. We hope you guys enjoy and we're looking forward to seeing you in-game!!!